Why Our IT Consultants Make Good Partners
Internal IT staff have their specialities in needed day-to-day networking tasks – administering servers, handling daily support issues. But what do you do when something unusual comes along?
A strange error that shuts down your link to the Chicago servers, for example? Maybe it’s time to replace network connections. Or to add new capabilities, like advanced security applications.
What’s needed may be outside of your IT staff’s field of expertise. That’s where IT consultants like roZoom come in.
|Complete IT Start-Up Services Datasheet|
|IT Consulting Datasheet|
When Hiring an IT Consultant Makes Sense
- When you need a specialist for a problem.
- When you need to scope new hardware or implement new software.
- When you need a new solution (i.e. moving servers to the cloud), and don’t know which vendor to choose.
- When the budget is better served by a consultant over new staff.
“But isn’t hiring a consultant expensive?” No, not necessarily. Here at roZoom, we focus on reliability and efficiency, so that we can save our clients money through our work. In fact, consultants are often hired for exactly that reason – to save the company money!
IT Consultants Save You Time & Money
IT Consultants help you get more efficiency out of current IT systems (Software Upgrades, Virtualization/Cloud Computing, Training on Time Efficiency).
IT Consultants can take over important specialized tasks, so existing IT staff is freed up to focus on daily operations.
IT Consultants keep you up-to-date on new technology that may solve certain problems (for example, using Alfresco to resolve document storage related problems, or Cloud based backup to remedy backup and recovery issues).
IT Consultants implement new systems that save money over older products (e.g., putting an Asterisk-based VoIP phone system in to replace an expensive PBX).
And finally, IT consultants save time in implementing new hardware or software. They’ve already implemented the technology in various different environments. So they know how to reliably install the required technology, what to expect along the way, and how much time it’ll take.
How roZoom Approaches New Clients
The most effective IT solutions are those that help our clients improve their business, not restrict it with the wrong kind of setup. The “latest and greatest” may be exactly what you need; it may not.
Our approach to IT consulting looks for a balance between available budget, the best technology for the job, and your existing environment. Here’s an overview of how our consultants work with new clients:
1. First, we audit your network. A roZoom Network Audit creates a complete picture of your infrastructure, including:
- Network Elements
- Documentation that currently exists
- Any Network Redundancy built-in
- Existing Support Contracts
- Operations Process & Management
- Network Security Status/Technology Used
*With this, we can determine if the project you’ve called us in on will work as desired. Or if additional work may be needed to clear up potential issues first.
- Thanks to virtualization (VMware, Xen/Citrix Xen, KVM and Hyper-V), new database technologies (Oracle, Mysql and SQL 2008) and our partnership with IBM, we’re able to implement new systems in a fraction of the server space previously needed.
IT Products/Services We Handle
Open Source Products/Services:
- Open Source Software Implementation and support
- Redhat Enterprise Solutions
- Novell Solutions
- Zimbra Email- Hosted or Onsite
- WordPress, Drupal and Joomla CMS
- Open Source ERP Solutions – Openbravo, Compiere .. etc
- Virtualization – XEN and KVM
- Eucalyptus and OpenQRM
- Asterisk VOIP
- Exchange Server
- Active Directory
- Office Communications Server 2007
- SQL Server 2005/2008
- SOX Compliance
- HIPAA Compliance
- Oracle Rac
- Oracle ERP Solutions
- Microsoft Dynamics
- Phone Systems – OCS and PBX
- Complete IT Start-Up Services
Cloud and Virtual Services:
- Cloud Migrations / SAAS Migrations
- Amazon Ec2 intergration
- Private/Public Cloud Hybrids
- VMware VSphere
- Citrix Xenserver
- Zmanda Cloud Backup Protection Manager
- And more…
Ready for the Chicago and Minneapolis area’s most pragmatic IT Consulting Partner?
Check out our services dedicated to:
Call us at 312-945-7444 and ask for IT Consulting.
We can also be reach by skype – [skype-status skype_id="+13122398594" user_name="roZoom Support" use_getskype="off"]